Bob Wallis joined the federal service in 1974 as an Immigration Inspector on the U.S. northern border and served for more than 30 years in the highest ranks of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Significant highlights and events of Mr. Wallis’ public service career include
- Senior Special Agent, INS Regional Office, Dallas, Texas, coordinating anti- smuggling enforcement operations for the U.S. Border Patrol
- Deputy District Director, INS, San Antonio, Texas
- District Director, INS, Houston, Texas
- District Director, INS, Miami, Florida, America’s third largest INS District where he is nationally recognized for Operation Reunion, the highly successful law enforcement effort that reunited Cuban child Elian Gonzalez with his father in April 2000.
- Regional Director, INS Central Region, overseeing 7 Border Patrol Sectors and 11 INS Districts, where he was the highest-ranking INS field executive at the inception of the Department of Homeland Security
- Appointed first Special Agent in Charge, ICE Homeland Security Investigations, Dallas Field Division where he was noted for establishing the DHS Visa Security Program, integrating DHS requirements into the United States’ worldwide visa issuance process
Mr. Wallis’ recent private sector experience includes
- Vice President, Take Charge Consultants
- Owner and President, Bob Wallis Consulting Services LLC, providing subject matter expertise to Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Congress, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, The Infinite Group and Frontline Defense Systems, Inc.
- Business Development Manager, Hitachi Data Systems Corporation
- Director, Hitachi Data Systems Federal’s Public Safety and Intelligence Solutions Division, where he implemented the division’s video surveillance marketing strategy
Bob is the former National Vice President of the Federal Criminal Investigators Association, Past Chair of the Houston Federal Executive Board, a member of the American Society for Industrial Security, the North Texas Crime Commission, the American Society for Training and Development, the Senior Executives Association, International Narcotic Enforcement Officers Association, the Federal Executive Institute Alumni Association and the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
Bob Wallis graduated with honors from the University of Detroit majoring in political science and history, and earned a Certificate of Business Management from the University of Texas at Dallas.